Learn to cook dinner skirt steak with this easy pan-seared skirt steak recipe! It’s marinated in a single day after which seared on both sides for the juiciest and most flavorful skirt steak ever. Get pleasure from!
The Greatest Juicy Skirt Steak
It’s time to make skirt steak! This extremely flavorful reduce of meat is marinaded in a single day in an excellent flavorful do-it-yourself marinade after which seared shortly over excessive warmth on the stovetop. Slice it and serve along with your favourite veggie sides, on steak fajitas or perhaps a steak salad. Yum!
What’s skirt steak?
Skirt steak is a reduce of meat from the plate of the cow. It’s recognized for its taste relatively than it’s tenderness, making it an incredible candidate for a marinade relatively than a dry rub.
What does skirt steak style like?
Skirt steak has a wealthy, buttery taste as a consequence of its marbling. It’s usually a chewier reduce of meat, however might be fairly tender when ready accurately.
Can you employ skirt steak and flank steak interchangeably?
Whereas these are two totally different cuts of meat, be happy to substitute flank steak when you can’t discover skirt steak.
Why you’ll adore it!
So juicy: this marinated skirt steak is critically so juicy and flavorful.
Completely cooked each time: we’ll educate you how one can sear skirt steak completely each time with out over or undercooking it!
Wonderful marinade: our do-it-yourself marinade is simple to make, however packs a ton of taste. Marinade your skirt steak in a single day for straightforward prep!
For the skirt steak
- 2 lbs. skirt steak: we discovered that 2 lbs. of skirt steak usually yielded 2 lengthy cuts of steak. This recipe can simply be doubled or tripled when you’re serving a crowd, simply bear in mind to multiply the marinade as properly!
For the marinade
- Worcestershire sauce: Worcestershire is a vinegar-based sauce that has substances like anchovies, garlic, tamarind, and different substances that make a salty sauce that goes completely with skirt steak.
- Garlic: including recent garlic to any marinade provides a lot taste. We don’t suggest subbing garlic powder.
- Lime juice: slightly citric acid provides steadiness to this marinade.
- Recent cracked black pepper: we extremely suggest utilizing freshly cracked black pepper on this marinade to set it excessive with pepper taste.
- Kosher salt: salt enhances the flavour of every ingredient but additionally helps to tenderize the skirt steak.
- Brown sugar: slightly candy to steadiness out the entire salty substances.
- Coriander: this spice provides a little bit of earthiness and a lift of taste to this skirt steak.
The best way to Make Skirt Steak
Tenderize Skirt Steak
Lay the skirt steak down on a slicing board and pound the skirt steak with a meat tenderizer to make the steak the identical thickness, about ½ -1 inch thick.
Season the meat with salt and therapeutic massage the salt into the meat along with your fingers. Switch the steak to a plastic bag or a baking dish.
Put together Skirt Steak Marinade
Subsequent, grind black peppercorns in a mortar in a pestle or in a espresso grinder. Be certain the peppercorns are floor into small items and never a powder.
Switch the black peppercorns to a bowl. Add the garlic, coriander, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, and olive oil to the peppercorns and whisk all these substances collectively.
Marinate Skirt Steak In a single day
Pour the combination over the meat and therapeutic massage the marinade into the meat. Let the meat sit within the marinade in a single day.
Simple Skirt Steak Marinade
Marinate your skirt steak in our simple skirt steak marinade. It’s tremendous flavorful and makes use of generally discovered substances.
Sear Skirt Steak
Take away the steak from the fridge and let the meat come to room temperature. Warmth about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a big forged iron skillet over excessive warmth.
When the olive oil is scorching and scorching sear the steak for about 1 minute on both sides or till the inner temperature reaches 140ºF for medium/uncommon.
Inside Temperature for Steak
The easiest way to know in case your steak is finished is by measuring the inner temperature. Use this information as a reference:
- 135ºF: uncommon
- 140ºF: medium uncommon
- 150ºF: medium
- 165ºF: well-done
Let relaxation: bear in mind to at all times let your steak relaxation for no less than 5-10 minutes after it finishes cooking so it may proceed to rise in temperature by 5ºF.
Let Skirt Steak Relaxation
Take away the steak from the pan and let the meat relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than slicing.
Slice & Serve
Slice the steak and serve along with your favourite sides. Get pleasure from!
High Ideas for Completely Cooked Skirt Steak
- Sear to Prepare dinner: Love seared marks and ideal steak multi functional? Comply with our sear + cook dinner methodology by first searing your skirt steak for a minute on both sides, after which letting it relaxation to proceed cooking earlier than serving. You’ll get these sear marks with out burning your steak.
- Don’t Over Prepare dinner: when unsure, regulate the inner temperature of your steak. We wish to maintain a meat thermometer readily available always whereas searing skirt steak to verify we are able to cook dinner it to the proper temperature.
- Let Relaxation: at all times let your steak relaxation when you’re finished cook dinner in order that it may proceed cooking 5ºF extra. Letting your meat relaxation additionally helps make your skirt steak tremendous juicy.
What to Do with Leftover Skirt Steak
Bought leftover skirt steak? Don’t waste it! Listed here are a number of concepts for leftovers:
Mac and Steak: Make a field of mac and cheese and serve it with sliced skirt steak.
Nachos: make a giant sheet pan of nachos and as an alternative of utilizing floor beef, use sliced skirt steak as an alternative.
Bowls: Make our beef taco bowls, however use diced skirt steak as an alternative of floor beef.
Really useful Kitchen Instruments
Let your steak cool utterly. Then, switch it into an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 3-5 days.
Pictures: pictures taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.