All-new Tacoma debuts with extra energy, cool tech, new trim ranges
Now we have formally declared 2023 the 12 months of the midsize pickup truck. To this point, the 2023 GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado have launched. Then the 2024 Ford Ranger was revealed. Now, we’ve got the 2024 Toyota Tacoma hitting prime time. And, the brand new Tacoma simply is likely to be the perfect of the bunch, with some segment-exclusive options, cool tech, a number of configuration choices and powertrain selections and, a rugged new overlanding trim degree. However, the largest information for 2024 stands out as the variety of powertrain choices obtainable for the Tacoma.
Returning are each two-door “XtraCab” and four-door “Double Cab” configurations. The Double cab could be fitted with both a 5- or 6-foot mattress, whereas the XtraCab comes solely with the latter. As for powertrain choices, chances are you’ll need to take notes:
For 2024 there are two engine choices and two transmission choices. That is the place we begin moving into a number of the extra unique choices. The 2024 Tacoma would be the solely midsize truck to affords both a hybrid powertrain or a 6-speed guide transmission.
The bottom engine is a turbocharged, 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder. In base SR fashions geared up with the 8-speed computerized transmission, the two.4 delivers 228 horsepower and 243 pound-feet or torque. Geared up with the obtainable 6-speed guide, these numbers soar to 270 and 310, respectively. In different trim ranges, the two.4-liter engine mates solely to the automated transmission, and delivers 278 horsepower, and 317 pound-feet of torque. Accessible on higher trim ranges is Toyota’s i-Power Max hybrid engine. The turbocharged 3.4-liter V6 delivers 326 horsepower, and a stout 465 pound-feet of torque.
Making up for misplaced time, the 2024 Tacoma is offered with a plethora of tech options. Basically, all of the gear we’ve seen on redesigned Toyota autos—Crown and Tundra particularly–is offered on the Tacoma.
On the bottom finish of the spectrum, you’ll see a 7-inch digital gauge cluster, 8-inch infotainment touch-screen show, LED headlights, push-button begin, and Toyota’s new infotainment system. Higher trim-level options embrace a 12.3-inch gauge cluster, 14-inch infotainment display screen, head-up show, an up-level JBL audio system with a detachable moveable Bluetooth speaker, heated-and-cooled seats, twin computerized local weather management, and a heated steering wheel.
Two extra options you gained’t see on one other midsize truck: energy operating boards, and an influence tailgate which could be retracted with a easy knee bump.
The 2024 Tacoma will probably be obtainable in eight (sure 8) trim ranges, with the brand new Trailhunter being arguably the good. The brand new top-tier Tacoma is supposed for the overlanding crowd, and comes manufacturing unit geared up with equipment designed to permit this midsize truck to “go far.”
Toyota labored with Australian-based ARB, a big distributor of off-road equipment, to co-develop the Trailhunter. So, you’ll see normal options equivalent to 2.5-inch Outdated Man Emu-brand cast monotube position-sensitive shocks, a metal rear bumper, strong restoration factors, a mattress utility bar with detachable Molle bed-side storage panels, 33-inch Goodyear Territory R/T tires, frame-mounted rock rails, and a high-mount air consumption.
Pricing hasn’t but been introduced, however a primary trim breakout seems like this:
- SR: Accessible with in XtraCab and DoubleCab configurations and consists of the two.4-liter turbo, twin-tube shocks, leaf spring rear suspension, 17-inch wheels, 7-inch gauge cluster, 8-inch infotainment display screen, LED lights. A guide transmission can be obtainable on this trim.
- SR5: Accessible in XtraCab and DoubleCab configurations and consists of the two.4-liter turbo. It features a multilink rear suspension on Double Cab fashions and 17-inch alloy wheels.
- TRD PreRuner: Accessible as XtraCab solely and consists of the two.4-liter turbo. Accessible solely with 2WD, the PreRunner comes with an electrically activated rear locking differential, and 17-inch alloy wheels with all-terrain tires.
- TRD Sport: Accessible in Double Cab guise solely, and has the two.4-liter turbo as normal, however the i-Power Max hybrid V6 is offered. The guide transmission can be obtainable on this trim, however solely with the 4. It provides pink TRD sport-tuned twin-tube shocks, 18-inch black TRD Sport wheels, hood scoop, black exterior badging, color-keyed door handles and over fenders, aluminum pedals and a 12.3-inch gauge cluster. The up-level JBL audio and moveable speaker is offered.
- TRD Off-Street: Accessible as a Double Cab solely and has the two.4-liter turbo as normal, however i-Power Max hybrid is offered. The guide transmission can be obtainable on this trim. It provides Bilstein monotube remote-reservoir shocks, MultiTerrain Choose drive system, electronically activated rear locking differential, obtainable entrance stabilizer bar disconnect, composite skid plates, obtainable 33-inch tires and 17- or 18-inch black TRD alloy wheels.
- Restricted: Accessible as a Double Cab solely, and has the two.4-liter turbo as normal, however i-Power Max hybrid is offered. Full-time 4WD can be obtainable with the i-Power Max powertrain. It provides an Adaptive Variable Suspension, chrome accents, color-keyed overfender and bumper trim, 18-inch chrome wheels, energy operating boards and tailgate, 14-inch infotainment display screen, head-up show and heated-and-cooled seats.
- TRD Professional: Accessible as a Double Cab solely and solely with the i-Power Max hybrid powertrain. It provides 2.5-inch Fox internal-bypass shock absorbers, pink TRD cast aluminum higher management arms, normal IsoDynamic efficiency seats, aluminum entrance skid plates, 18-inch TRD Professional alloy wheels, rocker protectors, two-tone roof, Inflexible LED fog lamps, ARB metal rear bumper with pink restoration hooks, auxiliary DC switches, and a 2400W AC inverter with 110-volt outlet.
- Trailhunter: Accessible as a Double Cab solely, and solely with the i-Power Max hybrid powertrain. It provides ARB 2.5-inch Outdated Man Emu cast monotube position-sensitive shocks with rear piggyback-style distant reservoirs, bronze-colored Trailhunter cast aluminum higher management arms, hot-stamped metal skid plates, 18-inch bronze-colored Trailhunter alloy wheels, Inflexible-brand white/yellow switchable LED fog lamps, Trailhunter high-mount air consumption, frame-mounted rock rails, Trailhunter mattress utility bar, and built-in high-output in-bed air compressor.
The 2024 Tacoma will probably be assembled at each Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Baja California in addition to Guantajuato, Mexico. The gasoline fashions will go on sale in late 2023, and the i-Power Max hybrid fashions will probably be obtainable within the spring of 2024.
2024 Toyota Tacoma Gallery
Click on beneath for enlarged photographs