Discover ways to make candy and creamy white chocolate buttercream frosting with this simple recipe. Though it seems to be plain, the frosting is made with melted white chocolate, so there’s further taste hiding in every creamy swirl. The frosting could be very wealthy and splendidly thick, so it holds stunning form when piped. Attempt it on vanilla cupcakes with raspberry filling!
Transfer apart, vanilla buttercream and cream cheese frosting, and make method for the brand new white frosting on the town. (I nonetheless love you each, although. There may be room in my coronary heart—and my kitchen—for all of the frostings.)
However possibly you’re uninterested in the identical ol’ vanilla frosting. And whereas I really like cream cheese frosting, I do know lots of people in different international locations have bother making it, as a result of it’s not at all times simple to search out block-style cream cheese exterior the U.S. So I wished to publish another choice for a scrumptious white frosting that tastes good on a wide range of desserts.
Why You’ll Love This White Chocolate Buttercream
- Further creamy and wealthy from melted white chocolate
- Holds form when piped
- Spreads simply onto baked items
- Can tint it a shade (see it coloured on prime of those white chocolate peppermint cupcakes)
- White chocolate tastes nice with so many various flavors
Should you love white chocolate, you’ll get pleasure from these white chocolate strawberry cupcakes too. I add freeze-dried strawberries to make a scrumptious strawberry white chocolate frosting on these!
Seize These 6 Components
- White Chocolate: For one of the best taste and texture, we’d like actual white chocolate. Don’t use white chocolate morsels or sweet melts right here—get the real-deal bars of white chocolate.
- Unsalted Butter: Begin with room temperature butter. Room temperature butter is cooler than you suppose. If the butter is simply too heat, the frosting will likely be skinny and style greasy.
- Confectioners’ Sugar: We’re utilizing much less confectioners’ sugar on this frosting than we do in vanilla buttercream, as a result of the white chocolate is already candy.
- Heavy Cream or Half-and-Half: Liquid thins out and provides much more creaminess to the frosting. You should utilize heavy cream or half-and-half. Milk works in a pinch.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract provides unbelievable taste.
- Salt: A pinch of salt offsets all of the sweetness.
Finest White Chocolate to Use in Frosting
One of the best white chocolate frosting begins with actual white chocolate. Don’t use white chocolate morsels as a result of they comprise stabilizers stopping them from melting into the proper consistency. You want the bars of “baking chocolate” discovered within the baking aisle close to the chocolate chips. I like Baker’s and Ghirardelli manufacturers, which are available 4-ounce bars. You want 6 ounces of white chocolate for this recipe, so that you’ll use 1 and 1/2 bars. Save the remaining for a batch of strawberry cream cookies!
Begin by chopping up the white chocolate and inserting it in a microwave-safe bowl. (I often use a glass liquid measuring cup.) Microwave it in 20-second increments, stopping and stirring after every increment. The quick bursts of warmth enable the white chocolate to soften with out burning. As soon as it’s utterly clean, set it apart to let it cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
The remainder of the recipe is much like making common vanilla buttercream or strawberry buttercream, and also you’ll add the cooled melted white chocolate throughout the course of. You’ll want a handheld or stand mixer.
It seems to be like vanilla buttercream, but it surely’s silkier, smoother, and has an extra-rich taste. You’ll adore it.
What Tastes Finest With White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting?
White chocolate pairs fantastically with so many flavors, like chocolate, raspberry, lemon… the checklist goes on and on! This recipe makes sufficient for 12–16 cupcakes, a 3-layer 6-inch cake, or a 9×13-inch quarter sheet cake. I like to recommend you 1.5x the recipe for a 2-layer cake.
Do that white chocolate frosting on:
Actually, it’s nice on just about something you may usually prime with vanilla buttercream or cream cheese frosting!
Discover ways to make candy and creamy white chocolate buttercream frosting with this simple recipe. Though it seems to be plain, the frosting is made with melted white chocolate, so there’s further taste hiding in every creamy swirl. Make sure you use actual white chocolate, and never white chocolate morsels. See recipe Notes.
- Soften the white chocolate: Chop the white chocolate, then soften in a double boiler on the range, or just use the microwave: Place chopped white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl (I often use a glass liquid measuring cup), and microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each 20 seconds till utterly clean. Set it apart to chill at room temperature for 20 minutes. (Make certain the melted white chocolate has cooled for 20 minutes, so it’s nonetheless melted however not scorching sizzling, which might soften the butter.)
- In a medium bowl utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium velocity for 1 minute. Change the mixer to low velocity and slowly add the confectioners’ sugar.
- Stir the cooled white chocolate in order that it’s clean, after which add it to the butter/sugar combination. Change the mixer to medium velocity and beat for two minutes till mixed and creamy.
- Add the cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat for 1 minute till mixed. Style. Add 1 extra Tablespoon of heavy cream/milk if wanted to skinny out, if desired. Add one other pinch of salt if frosting is simply too candy.
- Use instantly or cowl tightly and retailer for as much as 1 week within the fridge or as much as 3 months within the freezer. After freezing, thaw within the fridge, then beat the frosting on medium velocity for a couple of seconds so it’s creamy once more. After thawing or refrigerating, beating in a splash of heavy cream or milk will assist skinny the frosting out once more, if wanted. (It stiffens within the fridge.)
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Electrical Mixer (Handheld or Stand Mixer) | Glass Liquid Measuring Cup
- White Chocolate: Do NOT use white chocolate morsels on this frosting. Use pure white chocolate, which usually is available in 4-ounce bars, and will be discovered within the baking aisle close to the chocolate chips. I like Baker’s or Ghirardelli manufacturers.
- Cream: For the frosting, milk is OK to make use of as a substitute of heavy cream or half-and-half. Nevertheless, cream is most well-liked for creamiest texture.
- Amount: This recipe is sufficient to frost 12–16 cupcakes, a 3-layer 6-inch cake, or a skinny layer on a 9×13-inch quarter sheet cake. 1.5x the recipe for a 2-layer cake. (Doubling the recipe can be far an excessive amount of.)
- Adorning Ideas: Make sure you try my Piping Ideas 101 publish (with video tutorial!), and my suggestions for important cake baking & adorning instruments.
Key phrases: white chocolate buttercream frosting