Streamlined expense administration is an important component of the monetary well being of any group, so having the suitable expense administration software program answer is essential. Expensify is one instance – however there are lots of options to it.
And since journey bills make up an vital a part of companies’ total bills (and with the enterprise journey trade anticipated to succeed in $2 trillion by 2028) many corporations are utilizing complete journey administration options like TravelPerk to benefit from their company journey program and handle their budgets effectively.
Provided that each expense administration software program and journey administration platforms are important instruments for a lot of companies,, it’s vital to make it possible for any new software program you select, seamlessly integrates into your present tech stack.
Expensify is likely one of the hottest expense administration techniques on the market, nevertheless it won’t be the proper match for everybody. On this article, we’ll evaluate the 5 greatest Expensify options, together with detailed details about their most vital options and buyer evaluations.
Divvy is a SaaS platform for expense administration that offers companies entry to a variety of economic providers and credit score. It’s constructed for small and mid-sized enterprises (SMEs) and was just lately bought by BILL, a monetary automation firm.
It’s free to make use of, which makes it a very engaging possibility for companies on a good finances.
Divvy’s key options embody:
- An intuitive dashboard that offers you a full overview of all enterprise bills in actual time
- Facilitated entry to enterprise credit score, whatever the measurement of your organization
- Automated expense administration and detailed expense reviews
- Actual-time monitoring and management of your organization’s budgets and spending
- Automated reconciliation of credit score statements into your accounting system
- Straightforward-to-use digital playing cards to guard your organization towards fraud
Expensify vs. Divvy
On G2, the 2 corporations have the identical world score, 4.5/5. Clients discovered Divvy considerably simpler to arrange and use, and rated its customer support greater, however the variations aren’t drastic: each platforms’ scores are above 8/10 throughout all classes. Forex conversions and worker reimbursements have been simpler with Expensify, which additionally scored higher at assembly customers’ necessities.
On Capterra, Divvy’s total score is best than that of Expensify (4.7/5 vs. 4.4/5). Function-wise, each options are ranked equally. Clients discovered Divvy’s buyer assist to be glorious however talked about that the platform might use some tweaks on its notifications (for instance, for approaching spending limits) or reimbursements.
Ramp is one other Expensify competitor that gives corporations with the suitable instruments for higher spend administration and expense monitoring. It provides company bank cards with a pretty cashback of 1.5%, which helps corporations save on bills, and permits super-fast invoice funds.
Ramp is geared in direction of small and mid-sized companies (SMBs) and mid-market enterprises. Just like Divvy, it’s free as its income comes from service provider charges.
Ramp’s key options embody:
- Streamlined expense administration with digitized approval and spend insurance policies
- Bodily and digital bank cards with granular management choices, enabling you to dam a single service provider or a class
- 1.5% cashback on all Ramp playing cards
- Environment friendly accounting automation serving to you be totally compliant and audit-ready always
- Tremendous quick invoice funds by way of card, automated clearing home (ACH), verify, or wire transfers
- Detailed expense reviews and real-time evaluations of out-of-policy bills
- Straightforward integrations with 1000+ software program apps, akin to accounting platforms (akin to Xero, Oracle Netsuite, and QuickBooks On-line), ERP software program, productiveness and undertaking administration apps, and extra
Expensify vs. Ramp
On G2, clients have been notably impressed with Ramp’s ease of use and located it to be the extra user-friendly platform of the 2. Its total score can also be greater: 4.7/5 vs. 4.5/5 for Expensify. Ramp additionally scored higher when it comes to buyer assist and common product route.
The 2 instruments have an identical characteristic profile on Capterra, however Ramp’s total score of 4.9/5 make it one of many highest-rated apps in its class, with over 97% of customers prone to advocate it to others. Expensify’s total score is at 4.4/5 and fewer clients are prone to advocate it: 76.5%.
Ramp doesn’t but have an Android software nevertheless it has already launched one for iOS. Expensify has an iOS app (that has a score of 4.7/5 with over 121k evaluations) and an Android app, too.
Airbase is a complete spend administration system that mixes three core merchandise – accounts payable (AP), company bank cards, and expense reimbursements for workers – enabling you to manage all non-payroll spend workflows and processes in a single location.
It’s a scalable answer that’s appropriate for startups and bigger enterprises alike and helps them streamline monetary reporting, compliance, and management.
Airbase’s key options embody:
- Actual-time visibility and reporting on all spend for improved finances administration and bookkeeping
- Automated, intuitive spend management and approval workflows and processes
- Digital and bodily bank cards to guard the corporate towards fraud and management spending
- Multi-currency funds and playing cards to facilitate journey expense administration
- On the spot receipt scanning by way of OCR expertise for streamlined reimbursements of worker bills
- Integrations with all main accounting software program suppliers (Oracle Netsuite, Sage Intacct, Xero, QuickBooks On-line, and extra)
G2 score: 4.8/5
Capterra score: 5/5
Pricing: Free Necessities plan (as much as 10 workers), quote-based pricing for his or her Progress and Enterprise plans
Languages supported: English
(Data checked on January 31, 2023).
Expensify vs. Airbase
Primarily based on buyer evaluations on G2, Airbase performs higher than Expensify throughout most classes, from ease of use and setup to worker reimbursements, bank card integration, and common product route. Airbase’s total score can also be greater: 4.8/5 in comparison with 4.5/5 for Expensify.
On Capterra, issues look related: Airbase has a score of 5/5, whereas Expensify is at 4.4/5 and clients usually tend to advocate the platform to others (97.9% vs. 76.5%). Expensify has extra of the core options included in Capterra’s comparability, nevertheless, and in addition has a desktop model for iOS and Microsoft Home windows.
Brex is a SaaS firm that gives an built-in expense administration answer and easy-to-use company playing cards. It’s geared in direction of startups and small companies and huge enterprises alike, offering personalized monetary administration options based mostly on their wants.
A few of Brex’s high options are:
- An all-in-one cloud-based monetary administration answer that scales with your small business
- Versatile spend limits for various classes and desires
- Quick access to company playing cards and enterprise accounts
- Monitoring of burn fee and complete runaway forecasts for startups
- Quick, safe funds to service suppliers, freelancers, and companions by way of ACH, wire transfers, or card funds
- Automated onboarding and offboarding of workers and simple management of spend limits for newcomers
- API integrations with different enterprise software program functions akin to SAP Concur, Slack, Zapier, Bamboo HR, and completely different accounting options (Inuit QuickBooks, Xero, Sage Intacct, and extra)
Expensify vs. Brex
Brex has a barely greater score than Expensify on G2 (4.7/5 vs. 4.5/5) and performs higher in most classes, akin to ease of use and ease of admin, high quality of assist, and good categorization. Expensify is best at mileage monitoring and worker reimbursement, based on reviewers.
Expensify is the extra feature-rich answer of the 2, based on Capterra, however total rankings are related (4.4/5 for Expensify vs. 4.5/5 for Brex). Each are accessible on a cell system by way of their cell apps.
ExpensePoint is an expense administration and reporting software program answer for corporations of all sizes, from small companies to multinational enterprises.
With it, monetary and accounting departments can streamline worker expense monitoring and reporting processes. It’s a flexible and customizable platform, which, because of its granular reporting options, facilitates decision-making in any respect ranges.
Amongst ExpensePoint’s high options and functionalities, you’ll discover:
- An automatic evaluation and approval course of
- Good merchandise categorization and reconciliation
- Streamlined worker reimbursement and digital receipt administration
- The likelihood to import and sync bank card transactions from Visa, MasterCard, Amex
- On-line and offline entry by way of the cloud and desktop variations of the app
- A cell app, enabling you to create and handle expense reviews on the go
G2 score: 4.8/5
Capterra score: 4.9/5
Pricing: $8.5/consumer per thirty days
Languages supported: Arabic, Czech, German, English, French, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese language (Simplified)
Expensify vs. ExpensePoint
ExpensePoint has a greater total score on G2, in comparison with Expensify (4.8 vs. 4.5) and, based on evaluations, is best at assembly consumer necessities and at offering assist. It additionally performs higher when it comes to ease of setup, use, and administration, and its expense reviews are simpler to create. Expensify is the higher possibility for bank card integrations and digital receipt administration.
In accordance with Capterra, each platforms carry out equally effectively when it comes to accessible options however clients are happier with ExpensePoint’s customer support and ease of use.
In the identical manner that forward-thinking corporations are not counting on journey companies however are as a substitute utilizing devoted platforms like TravelPerk to handle their company journey, they’re not utilizing Excel spreadsheets to trace and oversee their bills however are counting on automated expense administration software program.
Expensify is one such answer, and though many customers prefer it, it won’t be the perfect match for your small business; that’s why, on this article, we’ve appeared into the highest 5 Expensify options that will help you select the perfect one.
One issue that’s vital to think about is how effectively your expense administration platform integrates together with your company journey administration system. Having the 2 platforms talk seamlessly with one another allows you to have a birdseye overview of all related journey and expense knowledge, get real-time updates on journey spend, and ensure everybody’s swiftly reimbursed for his or her out-of-pocket bills.
Schedule a demo as we speak to see how TravelPerk can streamline journey bills and make enterprise journey easier for everybody.