This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
No Yeast Flatbread is a fast and simple bread recipe that you just’ll be making for years to return! Use it for sandwiches, gyros, pizza, and a lot extra. No want to attend for this bread to rise, with no yeast and cooked over the range, it’s a easy recipe that you’ll want to save for later.
I really like no yeast bread recipes as a result of they’re so fast and simple to make. They often don’t want a lot consideration and are available collectively in a pinch. There are such a lot of causes to make bread at dwelling. Just a few of my favourite no yeast recipes are this Butter Beer Bread, this wonderful Conventional Soda Bread, and this easy Zucchini Bread.
No Yeast Flatbread
Flatbread has so many makes use of in my home! It’s a easy dough that doesn’t require turning on the oven or utilizing yeast. I really like the flavour of this flatbread, and I really like making it at dwelling! The odor because it cooks on the range is simply unmatched. And you should utilize flatbread for therefore many issues. Gyros are a easy dinner that may be filling and enjoyable for everybody. For those who’ve by no means had a flatbread pizza, you want to make one proper now! And flatbread is wonderful all on it’s personal. Certainly one of my favourite methods to decorate it up is so as to add mozzarella, tomato, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a Caprese flatbread. Yum!
Do you know that focaccia is definitely thought-about a flatbread? Different flatbreads are the pita and naan. A tortilla can be technically a flatbread! Flatbread can have yeast or no yeast, and are made by virtually each tradition all around the world. They’re additionally one of many first breads to be made, in order that they have numerous historical past. They’re additionally amazingly scrumptious! You may make this flatbread recipe your individual by adjusting the recipe to precisely the way you need it to style.
I completely love how easy no yeast flatbread is to make. You solely want 5 components, the remaining are only for further taste! I like so as to add dried seasonings to my dough, however when you don’t wish to you then don’t should. You will discover the measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- Olive Oil: That is for bringing the dough collectively and for cooking the flatbread.
- Heat Water: The temperature of the water helps the flour come collectively on this dough.
- All-Goal Flour: It’s simple to work with and you have already got some in your pantry!
- Baking Powder: That is to assist it puff up simply the correct amount on the stovetop.
- Salt: This goes within the dough to assist convey out all of the yummy flavors.
- Garlic Powder: I like to only garlic powder in flatbread, it jogs my memory of garlic naan which I really like!
- Oregano: This dried herb is so delicate but stuffed with scrumptious taste.
- Basil: I really like so as to add a bit dried basil to the dough. You may also add contemporary basil excessive as soon as it’s completed cooking!
- Recent Parsley: That is for further taste and coloration on the highest.
- Kosher Salt: For garnish.
Flatbread Recipe with No Yeast
This flatbread recipe is so easy, I’ve my youngsters assist me with it! It’s a extremely easy dough that doesn’t require any kneading. You don’t have to fret in regards to the dough rising or something, as a result of there isn’t any yeast and the dough is cooked over a skillet till golden brown.
- Combine Moist and Dry: In a big bowl, mix the ¼ cup of olive oil and water. In a separate bowl whisk collectively your flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and basil.
- Add Dry to Moist and Combine: Add dry components to the moist components after which stir with a spatula till all of it begins to return collectively, it can appear crumbly at first, take it from the bowl and work it together with your arms till it varieties a clean dough. This may take 2-4 minutes.
- Divide and Form: Dump the dough out onto a calmly floured floor and divide into 4 equal items, then roll each bit right into a spherical and canopy with saran wrap. Let the dough relaxation for about 10 minutes to loosen up.
- Flatten: Roll each bit of dough out right into a flat even disk after the resting time.
- Prepare dinner: Warmth a medium sized skillet over medium excessive warmth, as soon as it has come as much as temp, then unfold about 1 teaspoon of olive oil on the skillet and place one rolled out flatbread on the pan. Prepare dinner one facet till bubbles start to type, about 2-3 minutes.
- Brush with Olive Oil: Brush the highest facet of the flatbread with extra olive oil and flip it over, cooking the opposite facet for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish: As soon as the flatbread has completed cooking, take away it from the skillet and sprinkle it with some chopped parsley and flaky salt. Repeat with the remaining rounds of dough.
Suggestions for Making No Yeast Flatbread
I really like what number of methods there are to make flatbread! This one specifically doesn’t want any yeast. Listed below are some ideas for making this recipe your individual!
- Complete Wheat Flour: Lots of people wish to know if you may make this recipe with entire wheat flour. You undoubtedly can! Wheat flour often sucks up extra water than all function, so you could want so as to add extra water to the dough.
- Added Substances: You may add extra to this recipe to spice issues up! You may add sesame seeds, contemporary herbs, cheese, and even crushed nuts! There are not any limits to easy methods to taste this bread. There’s much more you possibly can add on prime!
- Eat Flatbread: That is an American flatbread recipe, and you may add no matter your coronary heart wishes on prime! Make it right into a sandwich, gyro, flatbread pizza, the record goes on. It’s additionally nice dipped in hummus or smeared in butter or guacamole. You may eat it like naan and put curry and rice on prime of it. It goes nice with a bowl of soup. Like I stated, it’s nice with virtually all the pieces!
Storing flatbread is as simple as making it! It received’t final so long as storebought bread as a result of it doesn’t have any preservatives. Listed below are my tricks to maintaining it contemporary for so long as doable.
- On the Counter: As soon as the bread has fully cooled, retailer it in an hermetic container on the counter for as much as 4 days or within the fridge for every week.
- Within the Freezer: This bread will last as long as 3 months within the freezer. Retailer it in a plastic hermetic bag with parchment paper in between each bit.
In a big bowl, mix the ¼ cup of olive oil and water. In a separate bowl whisk collectively your flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and basil.
Add the dry components to the moist components and stir with a spatula till all of it begins to return collectively, it can appear crumbly at first, take it from the bowl and work it together with your arms till it varieties a clean dough. This may take 2-4 minutes.
Dump the dough out onto a calmly floured floor and divide into 4 equal items, roll each bit right into a spherical and canopy with saran wrap. Let the dough relaxation for about 10 minutes to loosen up.
Roll each bit of dough out right into a flat even disk after the resting time.
Warmth a medium sized skillet over medium excessive warmth, as soon as it has come as much as temp, unfold about 1 teaspoon of olive oil on the skillet and place one rolled out flat bread on the pan. Prepare dinner one facet till bubbles start to type, about 2-3 minutes.
Brush the highest facet of the flat bread with extra olive oil and flip it over, cooking the opposite facet for an additional 2 minutes.
As soon as the flat bread has completed cooking, take away it from the skillet and sprinkle it with some chopped parsley and flaky salt. Repeat with the remaining rounds of dough.
Energy410kcal (21%)Carbohydrates61g (20%)Protein8g (16%)Fats14g (22%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats10gSodium590mg (25%)Potassium315mg (9%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar0.3gVitamin A258IU (5%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium109mg (11%)Iron4mg (22%)
All dietary info relies on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.