Possibly the world wants extra banana pancakes. Sure, that’s simply what we’re lacking. Sure, that’s what I’m telling myself proper now. This thirteen-year-old (!) recipe web site already has a number of banana pancake recipes, every fantastic in its personal means, and right here I’m with one other.
My complete wheat banana pancakes are so good and fluffy. My banana oat pancakes are tender and flavorful with oatmeal-like interiors. This blender oatmeal pancake recipe yields an all-around nice pancake that’s much less banana-y than the others. I even have banana waffle recipes—complete wheat and oat-based—these are nice, too.
These are the banana pancakes I’m making most frequently in the meanwhile. They’re the best pancakes by far, with solely three substances on the core: mashed banana, eggs and whole-grain flour (you have got a number of flour choices right here). I usually add cinnamon and hemp hearts or flaxseeds, however even then, they require fewer substances than the remainder.
Nutritionally, these banana pancakes are about as wholesome as pancakes could be. They’re considerably decrease in carbohydrates than the opposite recipes, and barely larger in protein. That’s a win! They don’t style as very like a deal with as the opposite recipes, however they’re actually very good.
These pancakes are simple to throw collectively within the morning whereas Grace toddles across the kitchen. She loves them and I be ok with them. So, these banana pancakes are undoubtedly baby-friendly and kid-friendly. These easy pancakes are for everybody!
3-Ingredient Banana Pancake Notes
I attempted two-ingredient banana pancakes a very long time in the past (banana and egg solely) and located nothing to love about them—they’re a lot too moist and eggy. Frankly, you’re higher off consuming scrambled eggs with a aspect of banana. Including somewhat flour makes all of the distinction with these pancakes.
Your flour choices for these pancakes embody complete wheat flour, buckwheat flour or oat flour. They work equally effectively. Buckwheat flour has essentially the most daring taste, whereas complete wheat is essentially the most refined. Oat flour is hearty and affords a light-weight oatmeal-like taste. For gluten-free pancakes, select licensed gluten-free buckwheat or oat flour.
The eggs on this recipe are completely important. Flax eggs will not work on this recipe. Don’t try or you’ll find yourself with unhappy banana-flax mush. I do know as a result of I attempted.
Use overripe bananas for this recipe. Ideally, they’ve no less than a number of brown spots. Overripe bananas are sweeter and impart extra banana taste.
You’ll must dial down the warmth as you prepare dinner these pancakes. Most pancakes include some sugar, which not solely makes the pancakes sweeter, but in addition helps stop them from burning as they prepare dinner. Since these pancakes are fully naturally sweetened with bananas (no added sweetener, not even maple syrup), they’re particularly delicate to warmth. When you discover that your pancakes are turning too golden on the surface earlier than the insides are cooked, the skillet has grow to be too scorching.
Nutritious Combine-In Choices & Serving Strategies
These banana pancakes are superb of their most straightforward type, containing solely banana, egg and flour. When you’d like to spice up the flavour or diet, add any of the next:
- Floor cinnamon: I at all times add cinnamon as a result of I like the flavour.
- Hemp hearts and/or floor flaxseed: Each provide wholesome fats and fiber.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: You can stir a pair tablespoons into the batter. You’ll get even higher toasted taste when you sprinkle somewhat coconut over the raw aspect of the pancake earlier than flipping.
- Pinch of salt: I don’t assume you’ll miss it, however somewhat little bit of salt ought to amp up the general taste. Use as much as 1/4 teaspoon.
For serving our daughter, I usually add a light-weight unfold of runny almond butter sprinkled with hemp hearts or a pat of butter. I like them that means myself! For extra of a breakfast deal with, attempt a selection of peanut or almond butter or Greek yogurt for protein, plus extra sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Extra Banana Breakfast Treats to Attempt
Please let me understand how your banana pancakes end up within the feedback! I like listening to from you.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Whole Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Class: Breakfast
- Technique: Stovetop
- Delicacies: American
- Food regimen: Vegetarian
These 3-ingredient banana pancakes are wholesome and really easy to make. This recipe is household pleasant as effectively—infants, children and adults alike love these pancakes. Yields 8 pancakes (every about 4 inches in diameter, sufficient for two to 4 servings).
- 2 medium-to-large ripe bananas
- 4 giant eggs
- ½ cup complete wheat flour or buckwheat flour or ⅔ cup oat flour
- Elective taste/diet boosters: ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon, as much as 2 tablespoons hemp hearts and/or floor flaxseed, as much as ¼ teaspoon salt
- Butter, avocado oil or ghee, for cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a big fork till it’s shiny and principally easy. Add the eggs and whisk till the eggs are evenly included into the banana.
- Add the flour and any elective boosters. Gently stir till mixed. Put aside whilst you preheat the skillet (the batter can relaxation for as much as 1 hour if want be).
- Warmth a big skillet (stainless-steel, forged iron or non-stick) over medium-low warmth (if utilizing an electrical griddle, warmth it to 350 levels Fahrenheit). You’re prepared to start out cooking pancakes as soon as a drop of water sizzles on contact with the new floor. If vital, flippantly oil the cooking floor with a pat of butter or oil, fastidiously wiping up extra with a paper towel (nonstick surfaces possible received’t require any oil).
- Scoop ¼ cup batter onto the new skillet, leaving a few inches round every pancake for growth. Prepare dinner till small bubbles type on the floor of the pancakes, 2 to three minutes.
- Flip the pancakes, then prepare dinner till flippantly golden on either side, 1 to 2 minutes extra. Repeat the method with the remaining batter, including extra butter and dialing down the warmth if the pancakes are turning darkish on the surface earlier than they’re cooked by means of on the within.
- Serve instantly or hold heat in a 200 diploma Fahrenheit oven. Leftover pancakes could be saved within the fridge for as much as 3 days, or frozen for as much as 3 months. To reheat, stack leftover pancakes and wrap them in a paper towel earlier than gently reheating within the microwave.
Make it gluten free: Use licensed gluten-free oat flour or buckwheat flour.
▸ Diet Data
Did you make this recipe?